Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Calling all English language stakeholders!!

"I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the community, and as
long as I live it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can." –
George Bernard Shaw

This quote by George Bernard Shaw, I think, sums up how most of those who participate in WE and their commitment to OERs. In an attempt to do something for the community, I’ve
created the beginnings of an open course in English language learning
with the intent of bringing together English-language speakers (of all levels and
ages) in a way that fosters interaction. Although it may appear a bit
structured, the idea (as I have it at the moment) is to bring those
along the “long tailinto the heart of a discussion that brings about various cross-
cultural perspectives. In other words, I´m interested in not only
bringing together English language educators and ELLs, but any English
speaker that has an interest in interacting with big ideas, understandings, etc. as well as guiding ELLs
through the language learning process.

Recognizing that I will never develop such a project as well alone as
I could with others, I invite you to the wiki in order to have an
idea as to what I´m proposing. If it is of any interest to you
(regardless of your education, experience, or English level), please
feel free to leave comments in the “discussion” tab or contact me
directly (I prefer the “discussion” tab over putting comments directly in the
page itself, please). If anyone would like to discuss this in real-
time, we can certainly do that as well. I´m actually more interested
in receiving comments that explain why a project of this type would
not work, or how in its current form the course would fall short in
achieving its objective (i.e., constructive criticism).

Thanking you for taking the time to read this post, I am.

Benjamin

No comments:

Post a Comment